Ireland was absolutely amazing. Just beautiful. Very much like Scotland. Kelsey and I took a Shamrocker Tour, and went all along the west--South and back up to Dublin in 3 days. It was busy and tiring but ultimately incredible.
The stories I have to tell are just so extensive, so instead I'll bullet some highlighted events and destinations covered you can ask me about...
*Thursday we had an insane traveling day, almost missing our bus to Dublin and then our 12 and a half hour over night bus/ferry ride via National Express.
*Free breakfast at the Kinlay House Hostel
*Whiskey Brewery
*I won the whiskey identity taste competition and got a free bottle
*The Shannon River/Church yard
*Doolin for an over night in the cute farmhouse with Fecking awesome tshirts
*Doolin pub with a fiddle player, flute, and guitar...and then additional musicians that jumped in
*Irish Coffee
*Dingle Peninsula!
*Beach and splashing in the atlantic, in which Ireland claimed a part of my soul
*Leprecaun myths, faerie tales, and banshees
*Cliff Rock climbing
*Killarney, the town where no one sleeps
*Being sung to by an old drunken irish or dutch man in a santa suit, 'Pretty Woman'
*Asked by a 12 year old irish boy to do a packy run for him
*Dinner with the Shamrockers
*Pub Theatre
*My first *half* pint of Guinness
*Witnessing a man chug 3/4 of a pint in less than 10 seconds. not once, but three times.
*The Grand Hotel (pub/bar/disco)
*Dancing and being twirled by Sean my big sweaty drunken irish friend...'you have the prettiest smile', 'you have gorgeous hair', 'you're a great dancer'....wow. take it down a notch kiddo. I just wanted to twirl lol.
*Roaming the streets trying to find my irish drunk boy kiss....to no avail.
*CEREAL CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WITH COFFEE <3
*Blarney Castle
*Making out with the Blarney Stone
*Shopping and spending way too much money (on other people), but getting my very own pretty Cladddah ring
*Dublin, where kids run the streets like wild animals.
*the LONG national rail bus/ferry ride home.
*almost losing my student oyster
It was an awesome weekend over all. Our Tour Guide rocked our faces and our bus driver was way awesome. I can't wait to go back

No comments:
Post a Comment