Last night may have been one of my favorite nights here so far. After class we went out to London Bridge, to this pub/youth hostel called Beluchi's. It was a blast. We got there a bit early to watch the football game vs. Russia, and had some dinner. Then they turn the upstairs bar into a karaoke frenzy with drink specials.
We met some English boys, and they were fun. A bit crazy the more pints they kept getting in them. One wrote for a rubbish newspaper. the other - get this - his sister went to URI to study abroad. WTF. He asked where we were from, and we told him CT, NY...Texas. And he said he'd been to Rhode Island (of course 4/5 of us go to school in RI, so we were like "no way!") and i asked where he'd been. He said Providence and Kingston. "KINGSTON?! WHAT?! Why the hell have you been there?!" "My sister studied there for 6 months last year, at the University." Leave it to fate that this kids sister was probably one of the English girls I always drove home from all the parties down the line with Rhody Rides, and saw in the suites when i did my laundry. What are the odds.
Anyways. We all chatted with them, about football-music-everything. It was fun. Scott and I made our musical debut singing "Summer Nights" for the whole audience. That was so much fun. Our new friends Joe and Dan were big fans...kind of got mauled by them afterward...eh. Scott sang his solo 'Hello, My Love' by the Doors, right as we were on our way out, and unfortunately figured out how to delete my recording of it. But it was so much fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to going back. Apparently I have to do a solo next time. um. yeah right. "Over the Moon" wasn't in the book unfortunately. haha.
Leaving for Scotland tomorrow until Monday with about 25 other Richmond kids. Can't wait to see the castles, I only wish I could live in and search out good ol' Nessy.
<3 Krista
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment