Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Speaker's Corner and a Comedy Catastrophe

Saturday night we went to Kavanaugh's pub because we saw they had live music. it was great. a big boost to the bust of a night at Fabric the night before. Ashley Scott and I broke it down on the dance floor. Singing Aerosmith and Bryan Adams got us going. I think by far my favorite part was seeing these two 50 yr old british guys sing Jet's "Be My Girl" though. Can't wait to go back. On our slightly drunken way home Scott and I developed our own gang. Kensington Greyhoods...represent. Applicants just need a grey hoodie and we'll let you in our secret hand signal.

Sunday Dani, Scott, Danielle, Ashley and I went for an adventure to speaker's corner in Hyde Park. Pretty much, here, every sunday, is where anyone can get up on their stool and start talking/debating about anything they choose. it draws quite the crowd, and quite a bit of entertainment. it was so great. one guy scott was talking to (who had 3 teeth) told me "you can't get to heaven unless you're wearing a green dress" (i was wearing my green dress) Was this a come on? Yikes. haha. There was tons of posters lining the fences anti-american/uk invasions in iraq etc...the typical stuff. lots of religious debates...then the odd, freaky and just plain outrageous. Be sure to look for those pictures too.

Scott, Ashley and I went to go play at Henley's toy store. It was pretty sick. FAO Shwartz still takes the cake, but this definitely was worth going to play in. so much fun.

Last night (tuesday) the bad news bears (dani and danielle) dragged me out. we checked out a comedy show at a pub in Soho. It was awful. lol. The last comedian was great, he was australian, but the crowd we were with was just lame. they didnt react off of anything from any of the other performers, and it was just painful at some points. maybe im just a snob from being emotionally numb from the countless comedians being thrown at us at NACA, and through SEC....no. I'm just going to say it was a bad line up in general. Oh well, live and learn.

Rugby game 2 is tonight :) And karaoke. Yes, that's right. Summer Nights duet. I'm all over that shizzle. My debut on the stage has come at last...Watch out London, it's going to be messy.

<3 Krista

No comments: